Friday, June 08, 2007

Getting this party started (II)

I just wanted to take a few minutes before Shabbat comes in to acknowledge what a great week I had and how thankful I am for it. It was the second week of our summer interns' program, and it was the first week where I formally functioned as the supervisor for two of the students by meeting with them in the first of our weekly one-hour individual sessions.

It has been an important dream of mine to become a CPE supervisor. I do not know if it will be the will of the Blessed Holy One that I should ever complete the long path to becoming fully certified as a supervisor, but this week I took an important first step on the journey towards that goal. I was very happy with how this "first step" went, as I was very happy with many of the things that myself, my supervisor and the summer students did during this past week. I remain extremely excited about this summer and am looking forward to great experiences and great learning -- both for myself and the students. May the Lord accompany on us on our journeys. May it be the Lord's will that we -- and our patients -- will be blessed by our journeys and struggles. And may peace follow us -- and all people -- wherever we go.

No comments: