Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Google Docs offline is here!!!

I'm so excited. Now the very best way to edit and organize your documents no longer requires you to be connected to the Internet in order to use it.

The greatest advantage of Google Docs -- Google's free on-line word processor, spread sheet and presentation program -- is, indeed, its interaction with the Internet. You can just edit your documents from any computer (connected to the Internet) at any time. No more fumbling with discs or flash drives or time wasted wondering what directory or on what computer I stored a file (or, worse, wondering if you have the latest version or not).

But, unfortunately, there are still times when I'm not connected to the Internet (like when I'm traveling). It will be so great to know that, at those times, I will still have instant access on my laptop to every file I would need.

[I first wrote about the possibility of this feature in May of last year.]

No comments: